Re: pinhole nimh batteries

From: NFetter@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 22:00:44 PDT

From: NFetter@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 01:00:44 EDT
Subject: Re: pinhole nimh batteries

Hi Damon,
The nimh batteries can take lot of recharge current without damage. For
example a typical 500mah cell can be recharged in about 15 minites. This
would ba a current of about 4 amps. Are you sure your student didn't connect
his battery pack backwards? Doing this will usually destroy the pack. I am
using a four cell 500 mah nimh pack in my digital camera and it recharges in
about 20 minutes with no apparent damage. My charger does shut off when the
pack is charged.
Neil Fetter