Annular Eclipse WEB pages- in Spanish

From: Alejandra León-Castellá (leonale@racsa.co.cr)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 11:22:10 PDT

Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:22:10 -0600
From: Alejandra León-Castellá <leonale@racsa.co.cr>
Subject: Annular Eclipse WEB pages- in Spanish

Dear pinholers,

We at CIENTEC have finished the first phase of our Annular Eclipse Educational
WEB site (Dec. 14, 2001). It is all in Spanish right now. But we hope to include
a section in English soon. We invite you to visit it and promote it among your
Spanish speaking students.

If any of you is planning to come to Costa Rica for this event, and would like
to participate in some of our activities, please contact me.
We are organizing a public event in the city of Liberia, Guanacaste, on Dec.
12th and then the viewing in 2 different sites: One is in the northern limit of
annularity, in the Parque Nacional Santa Rosa y Playa Naranjo. The other group
is going to Nosara Beach, close to the central line of the phenomenon.

Following is a description of the web pages. It will continue to grow...

Greetings from Costa Rica,
Alejandra

Alejandra León-Castellá
Fundación CIENTEC
ECLIPSE INDEX
Map of eclipse trajectory, animation for northern San Jose and link to contents.
http://cientec.or.cr/astronomia/eclipse/index.html

CONTENTS
Information, Observing and Educational Program.
http://cientec.or.cr/astronomia/eclipse/contenidos.html

INFORMATION
The event on Dec. 14, 2001, types of eclipses, why do they happen,
the Saros cycle, past prediction, other eclipses throughout Costa Rica and more.
http://cientec.or.cr/astronomia/eclipse/informacion.html

CAUTIOUS OBSERVING
How to view it, filters, pinholes, timetable of eclipse, Baily Beads,
animations and photos.
http://cientec.or.cr/astronomia/eclipse/observacion.html

EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
Cereal boxes dedicated to the event