Re: pinhole Mitosis

From: Jhumki Basu (sjbasu@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 02:42:41 PST

From: "Jhumki Basu" <sjbasu@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: pinhole Mitosis
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 02:42:41

Lisa -- My list of annotated web sites on
cells/mitosis/meiosis/transcription and translation is below. Hope this
helps. Jhumki Basu

www.kapili.com/g/golgiapp.html
Description of cell and organelles

http://www.cyberenet.net/~aedmills/biorefweb/cells.html
Description of cells, cell structure and cellular processes including
meiosis, mitosis, respiration, photosynthesis

http://www.tsba.org/~judith/tourofcell.htm
Pictures of cells, chromatin, cell organelles, plant v. animal, pro v.
eukaryotes

http://vector.cshl.org/dnaftb/30/animation/animation.html
Good electron microscope pictures of cells and cell organelles + lots of
information about the origins and structure of mitochondria

http://www.cellsalive.com/
Great pictures of many different types of cells found in the real-world.
Full video library and animations available.

http://www.biology.arizona.edu/cell_bio/tutorials/cell_cycle/cells3.html
Very nice video of mitosis -- you can stop it, slow it, repeat it. It's also
3-d, which I like.

http://www.herts.ac.uk/natsci/Bio/schools/CellDivi/mit_vid.htm
Quicktime video of mitosis

http://util.ucsf.edu/sedat/harmon/mitosis.html
Pictures of mitosis with one chromosome cell

http://www.eurekascience.com/ICanDoThat/dna_rep.htm
Cute animation of replication

http://www.eurekascience.com/ICanDoThat/rna_synthesis.htm
Cute animation of RNA Synthesis

http://www.eurekascience.com/ICanDoThat/protein_detail.htm
Animated version of translation -- helped my students a lot to see the
animation rather than separated steps in a textbook

http://www.tvdsb.on.ca/westmin/science/sbi3a1/Cells/cells.htm
Great! animations of cell organelles -- short movies show the organelles
actually functioning

http://tidepool.st.usm.edu/crswr/protsynthmov.html
http://omega.dawsoncollege.qc.ca/ray/protein/panim.htm

http://www.paccd.cc.ca.us/instadmn/physcidv/studytechlab/STUDY_TECH_LAB/Links/molecularandcellbiology.htm
Beautiful animation of DNA Replication -- lots of details about enzymes,
leading strand, lagging strand. Also, other animations for other processes.
More complex animation for translation

http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/cellbiology.htm
Good resource for cell biology courses, sites, information