2 questions

From: Eric Plett (EPlett@serrahs.com)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 12:50:24 PST

From: Eric Plett <EPlett@serrahs.com>
Subject: 2 questions
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:50:24 -0800

1. I am teaching Honors Physics for the first time this year. I am using
Wilson/Buffa College Physics and my students are having a hard time reading
it. When I previewed the text I was looking for positive qualities and
didn't notice that the introductions are pretty bad and there is not a good
progression of subtopics through the chapters -- they skip around like an
unorganized teacher would.

Does anyone know of a better text for Honors Physics?

2. We are studying the impulse equation Ft = change in mv. My students
were wondering what amount of force in pounds or Newtons it takes to knock
out an average person and what amount may cause death in a car accident?
Does anyone know the range or where I could find it?

Eric Plett
Junipero Serra HS