RE: Pinhole Digest #775 - 11/19/01

From: Eric Plett (EPlett@serrahs.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 00:35:37 PST

From: Eric Plett <EPlett@serrahs.com>
Subject: RE: Pinhole Digest #775 - 11/19/01
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 00:35:37 -0800

I was able to awake at 2 am and peak at the show off my porch in the hills
of San Mateo. Unfortunately, the was a bit of a lighted haze toward the
north, which obscured part of the show but otherwise it was quite good. I
must have only seen the bright ones because I had to wait several minutes
sometimes for the next one.
I also observed the distinct trail which I had never observed before with
other "shooting stars". My guess is that it was steam vapor condensing
since comets are dirty ice.

Eric Plett