math event in The City (fwd)

From: Jo Falcon (jofalcon@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 11:20:05 PST

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:20:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Jo Falcon <jofalcon@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: math event in The City (fwd)

Learning Studio staffer-emerita Laura Quilter suggested I pass this on:

>There's a math-oriented event in san francisco, 11/29/01, at 530-630,
>Curran Theater, 445 Geary Street, San Francisco, free. "Math Takes
>Center Stage" - www.msri.org
>
>The Mathematical Sciences Research Institute presents Math takes Center
>Stage with David Auburn, Pulitzer prize-winning author of _proof_ (Tony
>Award for Best Play) in conversation with Robert Osserman. November 29,
>at the Curran Theatre in San Francisco.

Note that while the interview/lecture is free, the play itself will
cost you $27-$57 plus "handling fee." More info on the play (including
downloadable study guide!) at

  http://www.proof-mtc.com/tour.htm

and on the lecture at

http://zeta.msri.org/calendar/specialevents/SpecialEventInfo/74/show_specialevent

Dang, an evening at the theatre with homework....

Jo Falcon, MLIS
The Exploratorium Learning Studio
415 561-0343
"We unscrew the inscrutable."