[Fwd: Residents Express Outrage Over Howard Zinn (fwd)]

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 20:14:59 PST

Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 20:14:59 -0800
From: William Mandel <wmmmandel@earthlink.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Residents Express Outrage Over Howard Zinn (fwd)]

--

======================================================== My autobiography, SAYING NO TO POWER (Creative Arts, Berkeley, 1999), is designed for the general reader. If you teach in the social sciences, consider it for course use. It was written as a social history of the U.S. for the past three-quarters of a century through the eyes of a participant observer in most progressive social movements (I'm 84), and of the USSR from the standpoint of a Sovietologist (five earlier books) knowing that country longer than any other in the profession. Therefore it is also a history of the Cold War. Positive reviews in The Black Scholar, American Studies in Scandinavia, San Francisco Chronicle, etc. Introduction by Howard Zinn. Chapters are up at http://www.billmandel.net where you may also hear/see my defiant testimonies before Sen. Joe McCarthy in 1953 and the House Un-American Activities Committee in 1960. Available through all normal channels. Autographed copies may be obtained from me for $23 postpaid at 4500 Gilbert St. Apt. 426, Oakland, CA. 94611. William Mandel ========================================================