- Learning Studio - week of December 16

From: Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 12:51:53 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:51:53 -0800
From: Gilles Poitras <gilles@exploratorium.edu>
Subject:  - Learning Studio - week of December 16

I better get this one out before I leave town for the holidays.

Printed, new acquisitions:

1. An Eye for Fractals : a Graphic & Photographic Essay / by Michael McGuire.
QA 614.86 .M34 1991
A gift of the author, Michael McGuire, via Benoit B. Mandelbrot.

Actually this beautiful book is a second copy so we have designated it as
non-circulating.

2. The Flavors of Home : a Guide to Wild Edible Plants of the San Francisco
Bay Area / Margit Roos-Collins ; illustrations by Rose Craig ; preface by
Malcolm Margolin.
General collection circ.
QK 98.5 .U6 R66 1990

Just think you may be walking past some really tasty snacks on your walks.

Printed, not new to the collection but cool:

1. TV is King / Michael Bennett-Levy ; photography: Ivor Tetteh-Larty and
Sotheby's.
General collection circ.
TK 6653 .B46 1994

Most people associate early TV with the 1950s. But a quick glance through
this book shows commercail models from the pre-WWII era. And what works of
furniture, nice wood designs, even TV-radio combos.

2. Ice Ages : Past and Future / Jon Erickson.
General collection circ.
QE 697 .E68 1990

I'm including this one not only because it is interesting but as an example
of a book that was overdue for such a long time it was not even in our
online catalog. It's back folks so drop by and take a look at it, or even
check it out for home reading, but do bring it back on time.

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum