(no subject)

From: Robert Zafran (marklindude@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 11:53:20 PST

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:53:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Robert Zafran <marklindude@yahoo.com>

Sarah, Can you post this to IISME for me?

Thanks bobz..

Science & Technology
Conference 2002

For Conference updates check:
http://www.almaden.ibm.com/almaden/explorers

Presented by Explorer Post 2100 and IBM’s Almaden
Research Center

Student (ages 13-20) and high school teachers are
invited to spend the day learning
about Cutting-edge science and participating in
hands-on demonstrations.
World class presenters will talk on such topics as
Astronomy, Computer Science,
Space Science, Bio-technology, and Marine Science.
Keynote address by Jeff Harris,
President of Lockheed Martin Space Systems
There will be workshops, demos, and tours of many IBM
labs.
(a complete list of topics, workshops, and demos on
the back page)
When: March 2, 2002 from 8:30am-5pm (check-in starts
at 7:30am.)
Where: IBM Almaden Research Center
Cost: $22 postmarked by Jan. 19 (lunch included)
$25 postmarked between Jan. 21 and Feb. 10 (lunch
included)
After Feb. 10, call 408-927-1233 for reservations and
cost (lunch and seating not assured)
Five dollar discount for Scouts/Explorers (good until
02/10/02)
Registration form MUST be filled out for each attendee
If you are interested in attending, please fill out
the back of this page
And send along with payment to: (make check out to
Explorer Post 2100)
Charlie Balkon
IBM Almaden Research Center
650 Harry Road (DNZ/H2B)
San Jose, CA 95120
For Questions please contact:
408 927-1233 or Balkon@almaden.ibm.com
LIMITED SEATING ** REGISTER EARLY!! ** DOOR PRIZES!!
Name____________________________
Age____EMAIL________________________________
Address__________________________
City/Zip__________________________________
Phone____________________________
School__________________________________
No Substitutions allowed after 02/13/02 unless you
contact Charles Balkon first
_____ Check here for early payment $22 (postmarked by
Jan. 19)
_____ Check here for late payment $25 (postmarked
between Jan. 21 and Feb. 10)
(After Feb. 10, Call 408 927-1233 (for reservations
and cost)**
_____ Check here if you are a Scout/Explorer and
taking the discount:
TROOP/POST#______ (good until 02/10/02)
_____ Check here if you would like a vegetarian meal
_____ Check here if you are interested in Exploring
and want to be contacted
$____ Total amount enclosed (no refunds after Feb.15,
2002)
Backpacks will not be permitted !!
Make checks payable to : Explorer Post 2100
Please mark the talks you would most like to attend:
Please mark the “ONE” workshop that you are signing up
for: (seating limited)
Please mark the tours and demos that interest you:
Space science____ Computer Science____ Marine
Science____
Bio-technology____ Astronomy____
Webpage design____ Satellite design____ Computer aided
design (Solidworks)____
Ion Chamber Tour____ Marine Science Displays
____Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream____
Industrial Hygiene Demo____ Model Shop Demo____ Nature
Walks/Talks____
Chemistry Demo____ Computer Science Demos____ Hard
Disk Drive Demo____
Atomic Force Microscope Tour____ Flight Simulator Demo
____ Building Tour______
Sony’s Play Station 2 demo____ Robotic demos____
Sony’s AIBO Demo_____
Lockheed Martin demos_______ Laser Applications in
Science Education_____
(note: thanks for your interests but marking any of
the above does not guarantee that activity will be
available)
In the event of illness or injury to my son or
daughter while involved in the S-T 2002,
I consent to X-ray examination, anesthesia, and/or
medical or surgical diagnostic procedures or
treatment considered necessary in the best judgment of
the attending physician and performed by
or under the supervision of a member of the medical
staff of the hospital furnishing medical services.
It is understood that in the event of a serious
illness or injury, reasonable efforts to reach me will
be attempted.
APPROVAL(parent/guardian)
Personal physician ____________________