literature/environmental project

From: Karen A. Mendelow (karenm@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 12:17:34 PST

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:17:34 -0800
From: "Karen A. Mendelow" <karenm@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: literature/environmental project

Susan Silber is looking for high school English teachers who might be
interested in collaborating on a grant proposal to the San Francisco
Education Fund. Funding would be used to put together a reader of high
school level pieces with environmental & wilderness themes, and also to
provide students with hands-on outdoor learning experiences (specificially
with the program I run, a residential env. education program called the
Hostel Adventure Program), which would connect the literature read. I
could write the grant - I just need support from teachers. Commitment
level is fairly minimal, but I think that it's an exciting project!

>Please e-mail me directly (<mailto:sus_si@yahoo.com>sus_si@yahoo.com) or
>call: 415-863-1444
>
>Thanks, Susan Silber -- Hostel Adventure Program Coodinator

Karen Mendelow Nelson
Program Manager and Educator
Exploratorium Teacher Institute
3601 Lyon Street