Free Interactive Physics software

From: Algis Sodonis (asodonis@urbanschool.org)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 12:56:42 PST

Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 12:56:42 -0800
Subject: Free Interactive Physics software
From: "Algis Sodonis" <asodonis@urbanschool.org>

Pinholers,

I have some Interactive Physics software free for the taking. I have 8 copies of Interactive Physics 1.0 (with 8 manuals) and 2 copies of Interactive Physics 2 (with 2 manuals) that I'm happy to donate. Because they're so old, I'm sure it's not a problem to install multiple copies within your school. They are Macintosh disks (floppies ), yet they run on newer computers.

They're appropriate for the middle school level intro to some basic mechanics or some earlier topics of high school level physics. I'll even give you some personal training (at the Urban School of SF in the Haight) if you'd like.

For those of you who don't know what it is, it is like a basic drawing program that obeys the laws of physics. When you draw a ball, you can hit "run" and it falls due to the force of gravity. You can measure velocities, acceleration over time and do all kinds of simulations and demos. This is a primitive version of Interactive Physics compared to what's available today (for about $100 a copy) but it can be very effective.

Algis Sodonis