Re: pinhole Re:Pickle/hot dog demo

From: Algis Sodonis (asodonis@urbanschool.org)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 12:02:00 PST

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:02:00 -0800
Subject: Re: pinhole Re:Pickle/hot dog demo
From: "Algis Sodonis" <asodonis@urbanschool.org>

Yet another addition to a glowing pickle is trying to figure out what else glows.

My students were able to get a cherry tomato to glow. Though not as impressive as the pickle, it did work. I've always wanted to "marinate" a pickle in a different solution, such as potassium chloride with the hopes that you'd get a different color than the sodium yellow.

Algis Sodonis