Re:lasers and the inverse-square law

From: Cbdirtball@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 19:51:35 PST

From: Cbdirtball@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:51:35 EST
Subject: Re:lasers and the inverse-square law

My students asked a good question that had me stumped:

Does a laser still obey the inverse square law?

Another one:

According the the Mechanical Universe, when two billiard balls strike, they
must diverge at a 90° angle after the collision (ignoring friction and
english) assuming they do not strike directly. This doesn't seem intuitively
correct to me. If the masses of the two colliding objects is different, does
that make any difference.

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Charlie Bissell
Hillsdale Hgh School - San Mateo