Re: More info needed on schools

From: Chemnerd2@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 15:39:20 PST

From: Chemnerd2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:39:20 EST
Subject: Re: More info needed on schools

Some of you saw my posting last week of my upcoming move to the Napa area.
In making a few phone calls/web searches I noticed that some school districts
do not pay all teachers based on their true experience (years taught) but
allow a teacher "up to 8 years" if earned. Well, I have 20 years experience
and am looking for a district willing to pay for my abilities. I don't want
to work for a district that doesn't play fair! Would any Pinholers out there
have information on what districts are not looking to "rip off" its teachers?
 Driving distance to Napa/Vallejo. For the record, I'm a Physics (and
Chemistry) teacher. I would also enjoy dialog with anyone teaching in that
area so I can find a good "fit" for me, school-wise. Thanks!