Re: student question about wet clothes

From: Debbie Berlin (debbie_berlin@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 08:01:13 PST

Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:01:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Debbie Berlin <debbie_berlin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: student question about wet clothes

I considered the wet roads model but it brought two
questions to mind. First, if it's becoming a "solid"
reflecting surface like the road, it would appear dark
from certain angles. But, from other angles, it would
appear light just like a car approaching you lights
the roadway or like lights reflects from a mirror . .
. Second, I can visualize water puddling up in holes
on a roadway and making a single surface, but I can't
envision it in clothes. Can anyone help me see it? I
think I must be crazy to be worrying about this, but
it is really bugging me (perhaps more than my
students). Thank you!
--Debbie