- Learning Studio - week of February 17

From: Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 11:21:47 PST

Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:21:47 -0800
From: Gilles Poitras <gilles@exploratorium.edu>
Subject:  - Learning Studio - week of February 17

A few days late but here is the latest report.

WEB SITE OF THE WEEK:

Serious LEGO
http://www.jpbrown.i8.com/

A site for the robotics fans.
For the non fans I recommend still taking a look at this site. I never
imagined so much cool stuff could be done with LEGO robots.

This site is also linked from our Robotics web information sources page
(still under heavy construction)
http://www.exploratorium.edu/ls/infosources/RoboticsInfo.html

PRINTED, NEW ACQUISITIONS:

1. World Atlas of Coral Reefs
 / Mark D. Spalding, Corinna Ravilious, and Edmund P. Green.
General collection circ.
G 1046 .L4 S6 2001

Beautifully illustrated and very informative. Note that while this is an
atlas we decided to allow it to circulate so you can check it out in more
than sense of the phrase.

2. A Gap in Nature: Discovering the World's Extinct Animals
 / Tim Flannery & Peter Schouten.
General collection circ.
QL 88 .F54 2001

A larger format book with information and wonderful color painting of
select species.

VIDEO, NEW ACQUISITIONS

Three videos that were recently donated to the Learning Studio.

Amazon Journal
 / producer/director Geoffrey O'Connor ; editor, Robert Kuhns.
New York : Filmakers Library, c1995.
General collection circ.
F 2520.1 .Y3 A429 1995

Global Dumping Ground
 / a coproduction of the Center for Investigative Reporting and KQED, Inc.
 [San Francisco, Calif.] : Center for Investigative Reporting, [Boston] :
WGBH Educational Foundation, c1990.
General collection circ.
TD 1040 .A2 G56 1990

In Our Own Backyard, the First Love Canal
 / Bullfrog Films ; director and producer, Cameron Lynn Corcoran.
Oley, PA : Bullfrog Films, [*4 rec.] 1981.
General collection circ.
TD 181 .N72 I63 1982

Til next week...

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu