- Learning Studio - week of February 24

From: Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 10:56:36 PST

Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 10:56:36 -0800
From: Gilles Poitras <gilles@exploratorium.edu>
Subject:  - Learning Studio - week of February 24

Another week, heck another month, gone already?

We've been able to add a few new items to the collection and have been been
busy adding lots of new links to the Web Information Source pages.

In fact we hope to come up with a better name for the Web Information
Source pages so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Check http://www.exploratorium.edu/ls/infosources/ResGuides.html for the
current status of the pages.

Well on to some of the new stuff:

WEB SITE OF THE WEEK:

Kite Aerial Photography

http://www.arch.ced.berkeley.edu/kap/index.html

Aerial photography from kites sounds so cool. This page has historical
information, data on equipment, a gallery and information on other kite
aerial photographers.

Zach sending me the URL for this page has led to the creation of yet
another Web Information Source page. This one is on Mapping and Aerial
Photography.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ls/infosources/MapsInfo.html

Now I have to add more links, actually I was planning a mapping page anyway
so this works.

PRINTED, NEW ACQUISITIONS:

This month I highlight two new acquisitions in the field of geology:

1. Geology of the Sierra Nevada / by Mary Hill ; maps by Adrienne E. Morgan
; drawings by Alex Eng and others.
General collection circ.
QE 90 .S5 H54 1975

2. Geologic History of Middle California / by Arthur D. Howard.
General collection circ.
QE 89 .H68 1979

PERIODICALS:

Our regular donor of Nature has brought in a large number of issues. If
there was an article you wished to look at from the past year but we lacked
the issue please drop by.

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum