Re: pinhole white boards

From: NFetter@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 21:19:46 PST

From: NFetter@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 00:19:46 EST
Subject: Re: pinhole white boards

Hi Geoff,
We started using white boards this year in our new school building. They
start off as white, then become gray boards, and finally become black boards,
but you can't use chalk on them. You are right; a wet rag with lots of elbow
grease will remove the marker writing if you do it right away. I have found
that if you wait until the next day, it is a lot harder to remove the crud
even with a wet rag. The ink obviously dissolves in water,so it must be
polar. The board surface is polarizable - a rubbed rubber balloon will stick
to it. So the longer the ink stays on the board, the harder it is to get off.
Is this explanation any help?
Neil Fetter