modulated laser

From: Jeff Erickson (jefferick@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 13:34:39 PST

Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:34:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Jeff Erickson <jefferick@yahoo.com>
Subject: modulated laser

At a past TI workshop we were shown how to wire a
flashlight or laser so that it could be hooked up to a
radio. The beam would then travel to a photo cell that
was hooked up to an amplifier or speaker. You could
hear the music from the speaker. Amazing! I have
lost my notes and would love to build this. Can
anyone respond and talk me through the construction
with some clear instructions. Its a very dramatic
demo and other teachers would probably enjoy this as
well. Thanks, Jeff in Vacaville