summer teaching @ Aim High (fwd)

From: Deborah Hunt (dhunt@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 12:26:36 PDT

Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 12:26:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Deborah Hunt <dhunt@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: summer teaching @ Aim High (fwd)

Please don't reply to me; I'm just the messenger.
See contact info below.
Deb
_______________
Dear friends of Aim High... we still have a few Math and Science positions
available. Please assist us in finding a few terrific teachers for summer,
2002. Many thanks, Alec

AIM HIGH, 2002 - Summer Teaching/Leadership Opportunities:
MASTER TEACHERS
Aim High, an innovative academic summer school for middle school students,
is currently accepting applications for teaching positions. The summer 2002
dates are: June 17 - July 27 (a six-week program for teachers, five weeks
for students). Aim High is located at five campuses in San Francisco and one
site in Oakland. Aim High is looking for Humanities, Science, Math. Salaries
are competitive. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a talented and
diverse group of middle-school students and to mentor college-age interns
who are serious about careers in teaching.

Please visit our website at: http://www.aimhigh.org
Letters, resumes and inquiries may be sent to:
Alec Lee
Director - Aim High
755 Ocean Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94112
e-mail: alee@lwhs.org
ph: (415) 333-5836
Aim High: Mission Statement:
The mission of AIM HIGH is to provide economically disadvantaged middle
school students with a challenging and supportive educational experience
which fosters curiosity, competence and confidence for success in school.
Aim High's commitment to faculty development, especially through enabling
teachers to develop and celebrate innovative approaches to teaching and
learning, is an essential ingredient to the program's success.

--
Alec Lee
Director - Aim High