Teach science at a wonderful charter high school in San Francisco

From: SOXYTHECAT@aol.com
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 11:31:09 PDT

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 14:31:09 -0400
From: SOXYTHECAT@aol.com
Subject: Teach science at a wonderful charter high school in San Francisco

Hello Pinholers!

The small, public charter school at which I work still has some openings in the science department. We are looking for dedicated teachers who want to be a part of an exciting, cooperative community. This is a teriffic place to work!

Below please find two job postings. Note that there is also the possibility of a joint physical science/chemistry position.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at soxythecat@aol.com or (415) 447-0677.

Take care.
-Regan Brooks (Beginning Teacher Institute 2000-2001)
Physical Science Teacher
Experienced science teacher to teach 5 sections of ninth grade physical science. Experience in curriculum development and assessment preferred. All Gateway teachers have 12-15 student advisees and most sponsor one extracurricular activity. Gateway seeks staff who want to work in a multicultural setting.

Chemistry Teacher
Experienced science teacher to teach 5 sections of chemistry, including, perhaps, one section of Advanced Placement Chemistry. Chemistry is a sophomore course. Experience in curriculum development and assessment preferred. All Gateway teachers have 12-15 student advisees and most sponsor one extracurricular activity. Gateway seeks staff who want to work in a multicultural setting.

CA teaching credential required. Undergraduate degree in chemistry or related field. Minimum of three years teaching experience, preferably in urban public school(s). Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body.

Gateway High School is a model, college preparatory charter school committed to academic excellence through personalized, student-centered learning.
For more information about our school please visit: http://www.gwhs.org
To apply, please mail, e-mail, or fax the following information: a cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission; your resume; 3 letters of recommendation; and proof of a CA teaching credential or information indicating your eligibility to receive one. Your materials will be reviewed and should your talents and interests match our needs, we will contact you.

Job contact: Peter Thorp, Principal