Re: Pinhole Digest #936 - 06/01/02

From: David Lauter (djlauter@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 12:26:18 PDT

From: "David Lauter" <djlauter@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #936 - 06/01/02
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 12:26:18 -0700

I'm in the middle of correcting ninth grade projects on the geology of San
Francisco, and am wondering why our local radiolarion "ribbon" chert has
ribbons. Our chert comes in layers (ribbons) with a 10 cm width, which,
according to Ranger Roxie Farewell, indicates a period of deposition equal
to about 100,000 years. Why do all of these layers have about the same
width?
Lauter
Washington High