rainbow halos on pavement

From: SOXYTHECAT@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 10:48:38 PDT

Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:48:38 -0400
From: SOXYTHECAT@aol.com
Subject: rainbow halos on pavement

as i was biking home i saw a rainbow around my shadow on the pavement yesterday. i have often taken this route before on similarly sunny days and never noticed this rainbow. it followed me for about three blocks and it was about one hand's width (fingers and arm extended) away from the center of the shadow of my head. is this related to the sunhalos or does this probably happen all the time?

also, are sundogs just chunks of sun halos? i saw one on memorial day (interestingly, i saw it on I-80, near davis, where I have seen 2 before).

thanks.
-Regan