Re: Pinhole Digest #939 - 06/05/02

From: Jo Falcon (jofalcon@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 14:49:28 PDT

Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:49:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jo Falcon <jofalcon@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #939 - 06/05/02

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Pinhole Listserv included this from Paul:

> On monday this week and at times over the last two weeks there have been
> fantastic displays of solar halos over the bay area.

[many fabulous sightings snipped]

> What did other pinholers see?

It may or may not have been part of the same phenomenon, but on Wednesday
around noon -- that's the day I come to work late -- the top-storey
windows of Bank of America Intergalactic Headquarters, as seen from Market
Street, were reflecting sunlight onto a fog bank in a way that looked like
spears of light bristling from the dark tower. ~Most~ impressive.

Jo Falcon, MLIS
The Exploratorium Learning Studio
415 561-0343
"We unscrew the inscrutable."