LOTS of "Eyewitness" books!

From: Jo Falcon (jofalcon@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 20:50:27 PDT

Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 20:50:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jo Falcon <jofalcon@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: LOTS of "Eyewitness" books!

We just acquired many, though not quite all 110+, of the Doring/Kindersley
"Eyewitness Books" series (successor to Eyewitness Science). These are the
tal, slim ones with great illustrations and just enough text to get kids
interested in researching further. Topics range from aspects of physics
(electricity, light, matter) to biology (amphibians, sharks, whales) to
Weird Science (my personal favorites: Mummy and Crime & Detection).

They're currently taking up one of the display shelves at the door of the
Learning Studio. Fall by and take a look: it'll be your one chance to see
the full set as an entity before we file them with the other materials by
subject. Of course, you can always go to the catalog at

        http://library.exploratorium.edu/

enter "eyewitness books" in the search box and specify "series" instead of
"title" -- but you'll miss the visual of an army of books in matching
format and wildly diverse content. See you at the Studio --

Jo Falcon, MLIS
The Exploratorium Learning Studio
415 561-0343
"We unscrew the inscrutable."