Science Teacher Position

From: Gary Horne (gary@horne.cc)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 10:40:21 PDT

Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:40:21 -0700
Subject: Science Teacher Position
From: Gary Horne <gary@horne.cc>

A great opportunity has opened up for anyone who wants to teach in the
public schools with urban kids and have small classes with absolute
autonomy.

My school, Manzanita Charter Middle School, in Richmond is expanding next
year and needs a science teacher. I've cut-n-pasted the job announcement.
Please apply. You won't regret it!

*******

From: manzanitamiddle@earthlink.net
Subject: Core Teachers for Co-op Charter Middle School

Manzanita Middle School, located in Richmond, is a small
parent-cooperative charter school in the West Contra Costa Unified School
District. We first opened two years ago with one combined 6th/7th grade
class. Full 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes were implemented this past fall,
and
our enrollment continues to grow as we enter our third year.

We offer a challenging curriculum to a diverse group of students.
Prospective staff needs to be self-directed as well as team oriented, and
truly inspired to actively participate in the on-going development of the
curriculum and the culture of our charter school.

We are looking for two permanent full-time, fully credentialed middle school
core teachers to teach Science or History starting this coming school year,
2002-2003.

Responsibilities:
* Curriculum development and implementation
* All aspects of running the classroom including setting up the classroom
* Student assessments/evaluations and parent teacher conferences
* Regular communication with staff and parents including monthly parent
   and board meetings

Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience with teaching at middle school level
* California Teaching Credential
* Science or History expertise and experience
* Self-motivated with ability to integrate well in team teaching approach
* Knowledge of current educational philosophies including project-based
   learning
* Classroom management skills
* A love for, as well as the ability to work well with, young adolescents

Compensation:
* Starting salary $32,000-36,000 per year, negotiable
* Benefits package

Interested applicants submit resumes to:

Manzanita Middle School
3200 Barrett Ave.
Richmond, CA 94804
Fax: (510) 232-0009
email: manzanitamiddle@earthlink.net

Deadline for interviews is May 31st. Qualified applications
received after 5/31/02 may be considered if positions remain unfilled.

This is in or around Richmond
This is at a non-profit organization.

Principals only, recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
No phone calls, please!
Contacting the poster about other services, products or commercial interests
is NOT OK.
Reposting this message elsewhere is OK.