Technology and Math positions

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@leadershiphigh.org)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 11:23:34 PDT

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:23:34 -0700
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@leadershiphigh.org>
Subject: Technology and Math positions

Hello,

Two positions at our school recently became available, a math
position and a technology position. Please pass on to anyone who you
know might be interested.

- Geoff

Math and technology positions

Leadership High School is seeking a math teacher and a technology
teacher for the 2002-2003 academic year. Leadership is a public
charter high school located in the Excelsior district of San
Francisco, near City College. Our mission is to serve San Francisco
and its diverse students by providing an excellent education and
developing effective community leaders. Unlike most public high
schools, a charter school has the freedom to hire its own staff,
control its own budget, and design its own curriculum. At Leadership,
we offer a rigorous curriculum, extensive personal attention, ample
technology, and a comprehensive leadership program. We are a small
school designed to meet the needs of 400 ninth through twelfth grade
students.

Both teachers will have a significant amount of freedom to choose
curriculum, design course outcomes, and work with staff in developing
a comprehensive science curriculum and integrating curriculum across
tenth grade courses for UC approval. In addition, the teacher will
teach one section of advisory period. All teachers at Leadership High
School participate in 15 full days of staff development throughout
the year, as well as weekly staff development meetings. In addition,
teachers participate in peer coaching of one another's teaching
practice.

Start date is mid-August 2001. Leadership has 190 days in its work
year. Salary commensurate with experience and competitive with San
Francisco Unified School District salaries.

To apply, please fax or send a cover letter and resume to:
        Leadership High School
        300 Seneca Avenue
        San Francisco, CA 94112
        Fax: (415) 841-8925

Applicants may also call Geoff Ruth at (415) 841-8910 x203