CD Spinner clarification

From: Gary Horne (gary@horne.cc)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 10:28:18 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:28:18 -0700
Subject: CD Spinner clarification
From: Gary Horne <gary@horne.cc>

Thank you Paul and John for the information about making spinning tops from
CD's. That wasn't what I had in mind, though. I'm talking about something
which, typically, is simply an arrow in the center of a circle which spins
around and points to different sectors. It is used in lessons on
probability (and many board games). In the RAFT class, they had made
something where the CD (with sectors drawn on it) spin underneath an arrow,
but I can't for the life of me remember how this was done.

Thanks!