Re: pinhole A model for snakes movement

From: pauld@exploratorium.edu
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 19:24:03 PDT

From: pauld@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: pinhole A model for snakes movement
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:24:03 US/Pacific

Alejandra and Pinhole

Modesto came back with great stories of how beautiful Coasta Rica was, how
wonderful the teachers were and how great he was treated as a guest. His stories
of watching glowing volcanic lava flows at night with additional liught from
lightning and lightning bugs were awe inspiring. He is now recruiting us all to
go to Costa Rica to help teach teachers.

regarding snakes:

A wave of transverse motion does travel backward down the body of a snake, the
wave pushes backward on the ground and the ground via newton's law of action and
reaction pushes forward on the snake.

It seems to me a great toy would be an object you could place on the ground which
would propel itself forward by a snake like motion. Anyone know of such a thing?

Paul D