Re: heat

From: David Lauter (djlauter@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 22:13:34 PDT

From: "David Lauter" <djlauter@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: heat
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 22:13:34 -0700

This year my students are using a biology text that defines heat as the
total amount of kinetic energy in an object. I'm much more comfortable with
the dictionary definition and Hewitt's explanation, that heat is the energy
that is transferred because of a temperature difference. Can someone
reconcile these two definitions?
David Lauter
George Washington High, SF