tastebuds question

From: Kevin Kinsella (kkinsella@woodside1.woodside.k12.ca.us)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 15:57:47 PDT

From: "Kevin Kinsella" <kkinsella@woodside1.woodside.k12.ca.us>
Subject: tastebuds question
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:57:47 -0700

Two summers ago I took Karen Kalumuck's terrific class about activities
for teaching the Human Body. In one activity about taste, I believe
someone mentioned that the idea that different parts of our tongue are
responsible for sensing different tastes is now considered wrong. If so,
could someone please shed some light and/or direct me to some
research/reference material regarding the subject.

Kevin kinsella
Woodside elementary