Videos on atoms, molecules, etc.

From: Clinton Huey-Ayer (chueyayer@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 18:12:17 PDT

From: "Clinton Huey-Ayer" <chueyayer@hotmail.com>
Subject: Videos on atoms, molecules, etc.
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 01:12:17 +0000

Catherine Heck and I (we both teach next door to each other at Bancroft M.S.
in San Leandro) are looking for some videos that give good visuals on the
atoms re-arranging themselves in different molecules after chemical
reactions. We're trying to do this to provide a conceptual background for
photosynthesis and cellular respiration.

We're going to have kids do the aluminum and copper chloride reaction and
use little squares of colored construction paper to model the re-arrangement
of atoms into new molecules. Later on kids will be using Hot Tamale candy,
raisins, mini-marshmallows, and toothpicks to construct water and carbon
dioxide molecules and re-arranging them into glucose and oxygen molecules.

But for years, we've been looking for good videos to go with this. If you
know of any, especially ones stocked by the Learning Studio, we would simply
be delighted to know about them.

Clinton Huey-Ayer
chueyayer@hotmail.com
510-633-3009