Learning Studio temporarily closed

From: Jo Falcon (jofalcon@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 13:43:42 PDT

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:43:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jo Falcon <jofalcon@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Learning Studio temporarily closed

It is with deep regret that we must announce the temporary closing of the
Learning Studio as a public walk-in facility. As some of you know, the
Exploratorium's funding has been suffering since September, 2001. Due to
especially severe cuts in the state and federal funding that has supported
this resource for its first seventeen years, museum management has found
it necessary to cut staff and hours to an extent that is still being
decided. Please stay in touch through Pinhole and the Learning Studio
home page for updates as they become available.

Any books and materials you have on loan can still be returned by mail, or
at the museum's front desk. (We -will- be open for returns on Wednesday,
10/16/02). Our web resources will remain online and if you haven't seen
Gilles Poitras' Web Resources Guides, at

        http://www.exploratorium.edu/ls/infosources/ResGuides.html

treat yourself to a look at these directories of information in all the
sciences the California curriculum requires, and more.

We've enjoyed serving the community of science teachers for most of two
decades, and hope to continue at whatever level is possible. Thanks for
your support.

Jo Falcon, MLIS
The Exploratorium Learning Studio
415 561-0343