Re: pinhole inertia demo

From: Marc Crown (mcrown@gwhs.org)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 14:29:15 PST

Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:29:15 -0800
From: Marc Crown <mcrown@gwhs.org>
Subject: Re: pinhole inertia demo

I am trying to make frictionless pucks using the famous PaulD
adaptation of a sports bottle top/film canister top glued to a CD. So
far no luck. I can't get it to float. Maybe I need a smaller
balloon-more forc. I'm also having trouble getting the film can top
to hot glue to the CD.Any suggetions?
How big should the hole be?

Also. Do you have any suggestions re. collisions. I'm thinking
creating some bumpers out of bits on manilla folder but i'm cautious
of the added weight.

help. I want to do this activity later this week.

marc