Fwd: pinhole What materials have you used for shake table structures?

From: John & Jan Lahr (johnjan@lahr.org)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 06:50:44 PST

Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:50:44 -0700
From: John & Jan Lahr <johnjan@lahr.org>
Subject: Fwd: pinhole What materials have you used for shake table structures?

Here is one path to some information on shake tables:
Go to:
http://jjlahr.com/science/earth_science/

Then click on:
Build an earthquake-simulating shake table and test your building-design
skills.

Followed by:
Larry Braile, a Purdue University seismologist, has developed a fun
classroom contest
which leads to a description of making building from a limited set of paper
and cardboard
pieces and scotch tape.
http://jjlahr.com/science/earth_science/shake/contest/

Another starting point for educational information is:
http://www.iris.washington.edu/EandO/resources.htm

Click on:
Seismology-related Lessons activities, demos, experiments for teachers.

Followed by:
Prof. Larry Braile's page
Links to Earth Science education activities and selected Earth Science
education sites

  Followed by:
Earth Science Education Demonstrations, Lessons and Activities

Cheers,
John Lahr