RE: gravity

From: MC elover (mcelover@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 13:58:11 PST

Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:58:11 -0800 (PST)
From: MC elover <mcelover@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: gravity

hello

i think what's at issue here with the mysterious
gravity force is that we as humans are quite
ill-adapted to feeling things. We only have receptors
to measure ONE of the FOUR fundamental forces.
Specifically, all we can do is "feel" electromagnetic
interactions. We can't feel gravity because we have
no gravity sensors. We CAN feel the effects of
gravity, like when we hold our arm out and it gets
tired--that's just our brain sensing some biology
stuff going on in our arm, esentially a chemical
reaction based on electromagnetic forces. Touch,
taste, smell, hearing and sight are all just different
electromagnetic sensors being triggered.
This can all lead into a whole other philosophical
discussion of whether we can actaully SEE the chalk
falling from the teachers hand, since essentially we
are just sensing some disturbance in the EM field
coming from the direction of the teacher.

On a deeper level, i think this is why physicists and
Buddhists get along so well.

--eric

P.S. wouldn't it be neat if we came equipped with a
strong force sensor!

----