RE:Physics teaching in England

From: Paul Doherty (pauld@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 13:28:52 PST

Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:28:52 -0800
From: Paul Doherty <pauld@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: RE:Physics teaching in England

Hi Pinholers.

The home of Newton features more physics in the curriculum.

Paul D

>From: "Dick Heckathorn" <gnper090@wviz.org>

>Greetings,

 When I was an exchange teacher in England, each of the sciences, Biology,
Chemistry and Physics were taught by teachers specializing in their area.
The school I taught in started with students in second form, (5th grade).
They had two periods of physics per week. This took physics each year
through grade 10. I don t remember how many periods week between but I
remember they had 5 periods in the 9th grade. As to the number of periods
of either Biology or Chemistry, I do not remember but they had each, each
year.