Re: Safe Explosions

From: Shelley Collier (scoll858@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 19:39:21 PST

From: "Shelley Collier" <scoll858@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Safe Explosions
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:39:21 -0800

I love blowing stuff up, and wish I could do more ('74 Pinto,
anybody). Seriously, the alka-seltzer rockets are very cool and
can be done inside if you're OK with a little foam on the floor. Try to
find the white plastic film cans (Fuji 35mm) The Kodak black ones don't work
very well at all.

Also-2 books on the subject, one from NSTA called Flash, Bang,
Pop,Fizz is cool, order it on www.nsta.org . Also Wild Goose Press has a book
called (I think) the Kaboom book, or something similar. Both
written for the middle school level, and fairly tame.

My school has no explosion policy either, but as long as there's no major
property damage, and the Fire Department doesn't get involved-go for it!

Fire in the hole!

--- Shelley Collier

--- (707) 644-7439

--- scoll858@earthlink.net