Re:cocal cola problem

From: Debbie Berlin (debbie_berlin@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 05:26:50 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:26:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Debbie Berlin <debbie_berlin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re:cocal cola problem

The e-mail about sugar content reminds me...a can of coke floats when placed in water, whereas a can of diet coke sinks. Measuring out the appropriate amount of sugar (it is indeed a surprising amount) versus the very small amount of artificial sweetener is a good visual of why they're such different densities. Good for junior high ... although I'm not sure where you teach. I also heard of people putting chemical compounds in coke to model teeth and seeing what happens if you leave them for a few weeks, but I wouldn't imagine it would show much. You'll have to let us know what happens!
--Debbie