The Evolution Solution ... Workshop Opportunity!

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 12:16:39 PST

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:16:39 -0500
From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Subject: The Evolution Solution  ... Workshop Opportunity!

HI Everyone,

Here is a great continuing education opportunity. I hope all of you in the north can take advantage of it.

Enjoy!

Sue Pritchard

Save the date! Announcing the 2003 UCMP short course!

The Evolution Solution
Saturday, March 8, 2003
2040 Valley Life Sciences Building
9:00 am to 4:00 pm

Join the UC Museum of Paleontology and several of our colleagues as we present a series of case studies illustrating the importance of evolution in our understanding of biodiversity and behavior, as well as its relevance to our society. Topics will include:

· Coping with evolutionary baggage as exemplified by marine mammals
· Exploring the evolution of some intriguing, if not bizarre, behaviors in animals
· Investigating the evolutionary strategies used by plants to cope with changing CO2 levels
· Looking at viruses and bacterial resistance from an evolutionary perspective
· Examining the origin of modern humans and the evolution of their behavioral advances.

For more information and registration:
Visit: http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/museum/events/evolution2003/
Or contact Judy Scotchmoor jscotch@uclink4.berkeley.edu

This short course is co-sponsored by the California Science Teachers Association.