What Is This Stuff?

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 00:05:00 PST

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 03:05:00 EST
Subject: What Is This Stuff?

Eric:

Great idea! As some of my fellows Pinhole Listers may know I once had a very
large collection of vintage Physics demonstration apparatus. Today there are
many science collectable devotees. So don't toss out anything until you have
found out what it is. One SF high school tossed out materials that would
have netted about $30,000 on the collectable market because the new teacher
wanted the office space. A Marconi Magnetic Decoherer will net you about
$12,000, and an Edison Tinfoil Phonograph demonstrator will get you $15,000
to $25,000. So identify what you have before it goes out.

The second part of my message is to hold onto the old science catalogues.
They range from $20 to over $300 on eBay where I have bought mine in the
past. Often when you find something you cannot identify an old science
catalogue will tell you exactly what it is for.

Best wishes to the list,

Al Sefl
Who will sign off now so his eyes can adjust to the darkness and he can use
his Spinthariscope.