Re: Pinhole Digest #1164 - 03/17/03

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 00:11:08 PST

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:11:08 EST
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #1164 - 03/17/03

Greetings Jeff:

My favorite tool cataloque/store/website is Harbor Freight Tools and they
have a number of very inexpensive DVMs or DMMs (digital voltmeters and
digital multimeters) for around $5 to $10 with Ohms ranges up to 2 Megs but
for a higher number like 10 Megs the lowest meter I see is their #34907-6JGA
for $12.99. Most applications will be covered by 2 Megs, my curiosity is up
as to why you need something into the 10 Meg region which in the old days
required a very expensive ($300+) meter we called a Megger?

<harborfreight.com> and they have stores in Santa Rosa, Vallejo, and
Fremont...

Best wishes,

Al Sefl
Whose resistance to electricity is high while his resistance to chocolate is
low...
And can be measured as a function of mass gained annually...

<< I need a source for multimeters that measure resistance in 1 - 10 megaohms
range. I need about 8 of them within about 1 week. I found a model on Fry's
website for about $30, but it would be great pay less....
Thanks for any suggestions.
Jeff Friedman