Earthwatch Fellowships

From: Fred Stein (fred@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 15:04:31 PST

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:04:31 -0800
From: Fred Stein <fred@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Earthwatch Fellowships

Hi Pinholers,

One of my colleagues from Earthwatch writes -
I just wanted to let you know that we have rec'd special funding
for SFUSD teachers & administrators. We expect to exhaust the funding by the
end of April, so I would like to give your exceptional teachers the chance
to get their applications in before we make decisions. I'd really
appreciate any help in getting the word out to teachers. - Thanks

RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS FOR BAY AREA EDUCATORS

Earthwatch Institute invites full-time K-12 educators and administrators
from the Bay area to apply for full fellowships to join field research
expeditions across the country & around the globe. Earthwatch hopes to
enrich science curriculum and rejuvenate teachers, as well as enhance the
academic experience of students in the San Francisco Bay Area. There are
various 1-2 week projects, from archeology to zoology, which are available
to teachers of any discipline. All expedition costs are covered a travel
stipend is offered. Donors include the Jewett Foundation, Chevron and
Oracle. No special skills are necessary. Applications are presently being
accepted on a rolling basis. Award notification begins in April.
Applications will be reviewed until available funding is exhausted. If you
have questions regarding the application process, contact our Educator
Awards Coordinator, Kerri Glynn at 800-776-0188, ext. 118 or
mailto:EducationAwards@earthwatch.org or visit
www.earthwatch.org/ed/fellowships.html