AP Physics B test this year

From: Kim Greco (kimg@pop.sonic.net)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 14:50:18 PST

Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 14:50:18 -0800
From: Kim Greco <kimg@pop.sonic.net>
Subject: AP Physics B test this year

        Do any of you more experienced AP teachers (this is only my
4th year) have some advice as to how deep to "set the plow" with the
atomic and nuclear physics section? I know it is somewhat reduced
from the amount of material required four years ago. Do we still
need to teach alpha, beta and gamma decay? binding energy? in what
kind of detail and what level of understanding?

Any information you could share with me (techniques, amount of time
spent, etc) wouuld be gratefully received. Do you feel the time
would be better spent on reviewing mechanics?

Thanks in advance to all of you.

Kim Greco
El Molino High School
Forestville