microscopes

From: kaydubyou@earthlink.net
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 04:20:13 PDT

Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 07:20:13 -0400
Subject: microscopes
From: kaydubyou@earthlink.net

Can anyone suggest a good hardy basic microscope for home use: for me, the
teacher and for
the kids that I homeschool?

I used to teach in a K-5 science resource room with a brand of microscope,
but I don't
remember its name. Made of steel apparently with no loose parts, it was
user friendly and
workable with focus knob and light source below.

I don't have the funding sources that the school district had, so would like
to sink my
money into a microscope at reasonable cost (~ $100 ) -- a model that has
proven itself durable and versatile enough to last well beyond any novelty
use by the kids....and also for my own use beyond the classroom.

Thanks for any suggestions.

K. Wallingford