Cool job opening

From: Laura Hodder (laura_hodder@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 20:57:41 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:57:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Laura Hodder <laura_hodder@yahoo.com>
Subject: Cool job opening

Looking for a phenomenal teaching experience? Small
Schools for Equity is opening a new public high school
in San Francisco this coming fall, and they are
looking for a 9th grade math/science teacher. (Quick
disclosure: my husband has been working on creating
this new small school for about 3 years, so I am a
little biased. I’d try to teach there myself if it
weren’t for my new twin sons!) The school will be
located on the SF State campus for its first year and
is focused on serving students from the Southeast
neighborhoods of the city. They will feature small
class sizes and a small pupil load – the first class
will have about 100 freshman, and any given teacher
will teach only half of that. If you are interested
in helping to create this new school from the ground
up, you’ll need to act fast, because their hiring
deadline is next Monday; interviews will be at the end
of this week/this weekend. (The person they had hired
for this position had to resign at the last minute due
to personal circumstances. The rest of the staff has
been hired…and they are amazing!) If you want more
information, contact Matt Alexander at (415) 902-5447.