Re: pinhole Piezophotic Effect

From: Paul Doherty (pauld@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 14:06:58 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:06:58 -0700
From: Paul Doherty <pauld@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole Piezophotic Effect

Hi George

I've always used triboelectric,

tribo as in to rub since the study of lubricants is tribology

Checking with Google there are 3000+ references to triboelectric and

1 entry for piezophoto and 1 for piezophotic

although I admit that light emission from wintergreen candy does stem from
piezoelectric sparks exciting the fluorescent light output from oil of
wintergreen. So piezophotic sounds correct.

Paul D