corning hot plate stirrer

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 14:34:41 PDT

Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:34:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: corning hot plate stirrer

I've purchased a corning hot plate stirrer (as a
"major" piece of my science kit I have named it
"Papercup Mixmaster") and it is great except for the
speed control on the stirrer. It only works as
"on/off" and so it spins the magnetic capsule off the
magnet all the time. I've tried cleaning the tiny
contact that rides the perimeter of the controller,
but no go.

Anyone have a Corning magnetic stirrer or other kind
of stirrer that is non-functioning? I might be able to
jury rig something from your broken machine. Summer
projects like these keep me out of gang violence and
my wife knows that I must be kept occupied or I get on
everybody's nerves.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh