acetylene

From: yibi smith (yibsmith@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 11:01:14 PDT

From: "yibi smith" <yibsmith@hotmail.com>
Subject: acetylene
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:01:14 -0700

Many Thanks to all of the responses that I had to my question about the need
to keep acetylene at below 15 psi in the regulator. I am still a bit
confused. If the gas will polymerize at 15 psi in a highly exothermic
reaction in the regulator, why is it safe to keep it in the cylinder at a
much higher pressure than 15 psi?
Yibi