Second try

From: Marc Afifi (marc_afifi@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 16:46:44 PDT

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:46:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Afifi <marc_afifi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Second try

I tried to reply to a couple of questions earlier this
week but didn't seem to get a copy of my digest. Was
there a problem with pinhole?

Anyway,

Someone was asking about online courses. I am
currently taking three classes from Montana State
University online. I find the WebCT (Web Course Tools)
to be quite useful and have a number of advantages
over email. For example, my inbox is still empty! And,
in terms of handing in assignments and uploading files
things are very smooth. Also, a professor can give
timed tests online. I am enjoying the process, though
some professors are better at using the program than
others.

Marc Crown asked about studying for the CSET. I found
the following website to be very usefull with pdf
downloads of sample questions from each area of study.

http://www.cset.nesinc.com/CS_testguide_Sciopener.htm

Scroll down and click on the sample questions link for
the subject you want. They are very comprehensive.

Geoff Ruth asked about what was on the standardized
tests in chemistry. Follow this link for last year's
blueprint. I'm sure this year's blueprint will be up
some time in October. But last year's ought to be a
good starting point.

http://www.cde.ca.gov/statetests/star/resources/blueprints.html

If you scroll down you'll find the blueprint for
chemistry.

Hope this helps. Everyone be peaceful.

-Marc

=====